Chiang Mai Hotels and Travel Guide
Chiang Mai Travel Information
Chiang Mai is a land of misty mountains and colourful hill tribes, a playground for seasoned travellers, a paradise for shoppers and a delight for adventurers. Here the curious can expand their horizons with Thai massage and cooking courses. The aesthete will be bowled over by the variety of handicrafts. The wild child will find plenty of lively nightlife, and the epicure can indulge in wonderful cuisine. Chiang Mai truly has it all.
Located 700km (435 miles) north of Bangkok in a verdant valley on the banks of the Ping River, Chiang Mai was founded in 1296 as the capital of the ancient Lanna Kingdom. Today it is a place where past and the present seamlessly merge with modern buildings standing side by side with venerable temples. Not convinced yet? See our 10 Must See and Do list.
- Excursion to Ancient Temples
- Night Safari Tour
- Arts & Crafts Half-Day Tour
- Sankampaeng Countryside Cycling Tour with Hot Springs
- 2-Day Golf Tour with Zipline Excursion
- Private Thai Cooking Class in Traditional Home
- Aroy Aroy Thai Cooking School & Market Tour
- Tour of Chiang Mai Night Bazaar
- Khantoke Dinner with Traditional Dance Performance
- Ancient City of Wiang Kum Kam & Wat Chiang Man